La Différence

La Différence
A passion for food

Wednesday 5 September 2012

Roasted Balsamic Fig Bruschetta, Goat's Cheese & toasted Walnuts





I always suppose that Figs are something you either love or hate. All I can say is that I was never a fan. I'd always tried them either fresh & raw. Roasting them takes them into another dimension. I added a little olive oil and a few tablespoons of aged Balsamic then roasted in a hot oven for only 20 minutes. They taste sensational done this way.
If you're not a fan of Goat's Cheese you could always use Roquefort (so delicious) or even Cream Cheese to top the Bruschetta. This makes a wonderful starter or a lovely light lunch. A glass or two of well chilled Pinot Grigio would be just perfect to accompany this gorgeous dish.





To make 6 Bruschetta

6 slices of ciabatta ( or something similar)
good olive oil
1 garlic clove
some fresh Thyme leaves

9 Figs ( these were Brown Turkey) use less if they are large Figs
1 Tbsp olive oil
4 Tbsp aged Balsamic Vinegar

4oz soft Goat's cheese or the cheese of your choice
3 oz toasted walnut pieces

Cut the figs in half, place them in a roasting tin, sprinkle over the oil and Balsamic and some thyme , cover with foil and roast in a hot oven 220c for 10 mins
remove the foil and continue roasting for another 10 mins
By now the juices should be sticky and dark.

While these are roasting prepare the bread

Heat a cast iron hot plate to really hot
Brush olive oil onto one side of the bread
Place on the griddle & toast
Turn over
remove the toast and rub well with the garlic clove.

Spread the Goat's cheese on the toast
place 2/3 fig halves on top
Spoon over the Balsamic reduction
Sprinkle over the toasted walnuts

This is just such a delicious way to serve Figs that I hope you'll try


7 comments:

  1. Now this is my idea of a complete dinner!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is what's called when elegance meets lavish tastiness! I adore figs, and here is a wonderful recipe to make for parties!!Thank you for sharing, Doreen!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doreen, this is such a beautiful recipe! I absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can imagine an explosion of flavors in my mouth with every bite! YUM!

    ReplyDelete

I love sharing my recipes with you all...please feel free to comment ..it's great to get some feedback ♥