La Différence

La Différence
A passion for food

Tuesday 4 April 2017

Seafood Cous Cous 'Paella' with chilli & lime





My weight has rocketed over the winter too many cosy nights in by the woodburner eating rich warming food and drinking too many glasses of my favourite tipple, nicely chilled Sauvignon Blanc.
Something just had to give, the warm spell before Easter caught me out. There was absolutely no way I was going sleeveless and showing off my fine pair of 'bingo-wings' to anyone. So it's back to the only diet that works for me Weight Watchers and this time I'm doing it online.
I lost over around 30lbs 4 or 5 years back, just by eating lovely healthy food and increasing my daily activities, mainly dog-walking combined with my Rosemary Conley exercise DVD two or three times a week. Of course starting my blog hasn't helped, cooking all these lovely dishes wasn't enough, I also ate the damn things.
Well it's only week one and I'm not all bored with the diet, I'm enjoying carefully working out the points in each dish that I have devised. I will try to add a points value to my recipes from now on just to give all of you who are watching their weight an idea of how much you are consuming.

So here we go with WW recipe no 1 Seafood Cous Cous Paella with chilli & lime. It's a really quick and easy meal that can be prepared in no time and will cook in around 10 minutes maximum. If you don't like cous cous then you can substitute it with pasta ( just make sure to check on the points first though). If your not on a diet then you'll still enjoy this dish guilt -free.

This is for 4 portions if you're Weight Watching and perhaps two large portions if your not. You can enjoy this either hot or cold. If you'd like it cold then add the Seafood to the rest of the cooked ingredients once they have cooled. Great for taking to work in a tupperware box for lunch.

8 to 12oz cooked seafood. The mixture I bought had prawns (shrimp), squid and mussels
150gms Giant Cous Cous cooked as per instructions on the packet & add 1tsp Ras-el-Hanout (optional)
2 shallots finely diced
2 red chillies (larger mild ones) sliced
1 medium sized yellow or orange pepper diced
16 cherry tomatoes cut in half.
2 tsp good oil. I use rapeseed but Extra Virgin Olive Oil is fine
Juice of 1 lime
lime & coriander (cilantro) or flat leaf parsley leaves to decorate
Salt & pepper to taste

Just sautee the shallots, chillies & peppers in the oil until beginning to soften.
Add the cherry tomatoes, warm through but do not cook
Add the cous cous & Seafood (if you want it hot if not add after all the other ingredients are cold & refridgerate)
Stir through & heat gently until piping hot.
Add the lime juice at the last minute & check the seasoning.
Sprinkle over some coriander or parsley leaves and serve.

Approx 5-6 points per serving.

Hope you enjoy it !



  

6 comments:

  1. this looks fabulous Dor!

    xoxo,
    ~Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Dor, I featured this recipe on my blog today, it looks great! Thanks for allowing me to share. Here is the link http://carriesexperimentalkitchen.blogspot.com/2012/04/week-15-seafood-frenzy-friday-and-guest.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to share with you all here on how I get my loan from Mr Benjamin who help me with loan of 400,000.00 Euro to improve my business, It was easy and swift when i apply for the loan when things was getting rough with my business Mr Benjamin grant me loan without delay. here is Mr Benjamin email/whatsapp contact: +1 989-394-3740, lfdsloans@outlook.com / 

    ReplyDelete
  4. My name is Hussain, I am a Jordanian citizen. But I live in Austria. I was trying to get a loan to start my business, but nothing worked for me until I was surfing the internet and seeing someone testify about how she got a loan from loan credit institutions, so I copied the contact (loancreditinstitutions00@gmail.com) so I contacted them and applied for a loan of $ 25,000 they approved the loan and granted it to me., now I'm up and running and everything is going smoothly. If you want to take a loan, please contact them via email: loancreditinstitutions00@gmail.com or use Whatsapp: +393509811524. and apply.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ali ponoči ne spite in skrbite, kako dobiti posojilo? Kontakt: Agencija Waheed Finance Firm zdaj prek e-pošte: info@waheedfinance.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. اسمي حسن علي الخليفة، وأود مشاركة رحلتي الرائعة مع شركة القروض في الاتحاد الأوروبي. عندما قدمت لي الحياة فرصة ذهبية لتحقيق أحلامي، وقفت شركة القروض في الاتحاد الأوروبي إلى جانبي كشريك موثوق، جعلت المستحيل ممكنًا.

    لطالما كان لدي حلم بتوسيع عملي والوصول به إلى المستوى التالي، ولكن القيود المالية منعتني لسنوات. لقاء صدفة مع شركة القروض في الاتحاد الأوروبي غيّر مسار حياتي. تفانيهم في مساعدة الأفراد مثلي على تحقيق أحلامهم هو أمر فعلاً ملفت للنظر.

    تقدمت بطلب للحصول على قرض بقيمة 90,000 يورو مع بعض الشكوك. ومع ذلك، في اللحظة التي اتصلت فيها بهم عبر واتساب على الرقم +393510709856، تلقيت استجابة دافئة ومحترفة أسعدتني فورًا. خدمتهم العملاء السريعة والودودة ليس لها مثيل.

    كانت عملية التقديم سلسة وميسرة، مع توجيهات وإرشادات واضحة في كل خطوة. أكدوا على أنني فهمت جميع البنود والشروط، ولم يتركوا مجالًا للارتباك. الشفافية والنزاهة لدى شركة القروض في الاتحاد الأوروبي تستحق حقًا الإشادة.

    ما يميز شركة القروض في الاتحاد الأوروبي هو استعدادهم لتلبية احتياجات عملائهم. قدموا خيارات سداد مرنة مصممة وفقًا لوضعيتي المالية.

    ميزة بارزة لدى شركة القروض في الاتحاد الأوروبي هي سرعة موافقة القرض. في وقت قصير، تلقيت القرض، الذي كان خطًا حياة لخطط توسيع عملي.

    الدعم لم ينته مع موافقة القرض؛ شركة القروض في الاتحاد الأوروبي استمرت في تقديم الإرشاد. كانت عناوين بريدهم الإلكتروني EuropeanUnion_Loan@europe.com وEuropeanUnion_loansyndication@outlook.com دائماً مفتوحة لأسئلتي ومخاوفي.

    بفضل شركة القروض في الاتحاد الأوروبي، تمكنت من تحقيق أحلامي في عملي. لا يمكنني التعبير عن شكري بما فيه الكفاية على ثقتهم ودعمهم الثابت. التفاني الذي يظهرونه في مساعدة الأفراد مثلي هو أمر فعلاً دافئ للقلب، وأوصي بشدة بشركة القروض في الاتحاد الأوروبي لأي شخص بحاجة إلى مساعدة مالية.

    إذا كنت تبحث عن تحقيق أحلامك، فلا تتردد في الاتصال بشركة القروض في الاتحاد الأوروبي عبر واتساب: +393510709856 أو البريد الإلكتروني: EuropeanUnion_Loan@europe.com. لقد ثبتوا أنهم الشريك الموث

    وق الذي كنت بحاجته، وأنا متأكد أنهم يمكنهم فعل الشيء نفسه لك. اتصل بهم اليوم وقم بالخطوة الحاسمة نحو تحقيق أحلامك!

    ReplyDelete

I love sharing my recipes with you all...please feel free to comment ..it's great to get some feedback ♥